Purchase and Contact Links

Books: Songbook for Deep Voices: Rock 1:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YVJVYVY Songbook for Deep Voices: Rock 2:  https://www.amazon....

Tuesday 11 February 2020

Welcome! (12 February 2020)

I don't love the word 'promotion', but I would like people to know my books exist, so I can deal with it 😀. My name is Aaron, I'm a lifelong music nerd from New Zealand. I'm also a sporadic singer-songwriter with semi-permanent writers block (but that's another blog). The idea for this series came from my own experience as a singer with a deep-ish voice and a general music fan but a big rock fan particularly, and how weird trying to sing along with a lot of that music over the years was, especially, to retell a part of my Amazon book descriptions one night at karaoke I severely underestimated the pitch of a popular singer (Bryan Adams to be precise) and had to sing the whole song an octave down.

The idea would later be born from both that minor reality that had followed me through life and seeing a lack of an in-depth equivalent online despite what I could gauge was a clear present interest in the subject (discussing the popular music tenor 'monopoly', asking what songs baritones could sing at karaoke, etc.) A search of Amazon showed that other songbooks for baritones existed, but weren't focused on contemporary popular genres. A further encouraging sign happened late in January 2020 - shortly before my second book was ready a copy of my first book had sold with no promotion on my part whatsoever. This told me that a possible audience existed for what I was doing. Finally, on the back of one single sale, my first book briefly vaulted to just outside the top 100 on Amazon in the category 'Voice Music'. It's of course impossible to say given the number of books published pre-internet that may not have been carried over, but at the very least I'm sure I'm one of the first to be doing this specific thing in-depth. In this internet day and age, that's a pretty cool feeling.

Writing these I hope to help male singers in various possible ways (these could be used as a guide for selections for live band performances, YouTube or other online covers, auditions etc.) and for my own enjoyment I get to listen to and discover music and bands I didn't know for research, and gathering ideas for future karaoke choices that better-showcase the particular qualities of my voice is also handy for me.

Songbook for Deep Voices: Rock 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YVJVYVY
Songbook for Deep Voices: Rock 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084MLFH88

Just $2.99 US on Amazon's Kindle Store, and the first 10 entries of both books are in the free preview to give an idea of the format.

- Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment